Saturday, April 3, 2010

Heteronyms


Firstly, it's been a long time since I've posted, and though I'm sure very very few (if any) people have missed me, I'm gonna stick with this blog thing. Yeah!


I'm back from Spring Break and onto the inevitable job search. Yikes. That's scary so let's step away from that. Unless you're reading this and want to offer me a job....(there are certain things I won't do)


Anyway, I'm taking Advanced Creative Non-Fiction this term and our first assignment was to come up with four heteronyms for our creative selves. Before I go into what I came up with for my own alter-egos, here are some of my favorite heteronyms of all time;


Ziggy Stardust

Screamin' Jay Hawkins

Lady GaGa

Tony Clifton

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band



Our professor gave us four different categories - Rock Star, Lightning Rod, Haunt, and Wild Card.


My rock star is FiFi Caruso, a drag queen. The drag queen part of my persona has be mentioned many times, so it seemed appropriate.


My lightning rod is the bleeding-est heart, annoying liberal part of myself. For those of you out there who are more on the conservative side, have no fear. I keep this part of me in check. It's best to be open, yeah? The ultra-liberal part of me is dying to tell you to check out the documentary Blue Gold- it's eye-opening and a must-watch. Okay. Back to the regularly scheduled heteronyms.


I picked an owl for my haunting persona. At times I can be a little distant and chilly, but I'm also very observant in my detached moments. Thus the owl.


Finally, the wildcard is the kid in me that never grew up (thank god!) You'll also recognize this little rascal from my in-progress graphic novel.


For class we wrote a bit about each of them and provided some sort of visual. This was mine.


Go forth and create your own heteronym. It's like the fancy shmancy, grown-up version of an invisible best friend. Put all the blame on them!

1 comment:

  1. PEOPLE-ING! PEOPLE-ING! I give you full O.W.L. marks for this.

    ReplyDelete