Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Conan


I say this proudly-- I am a Conan warrior.

I started watching the Late Night show when I was 12, so for nearly half of my life I've been a fan. Was I allowed to be up that late when I was 12? No, but the show was definitely worth the risk of being caught.
As you can imagine, I was pretty upset when NBC created a true crapbomb situation and lost Conan. I know it's just a show, but it was a reliable source of laughter and that's not something to be taken lightly.

It's a bit strange I'm bringing this up now. All this happened a while ago, however, there is an article in the NYTimes about Conan's use of twitter and the internet to promote his tour. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/07/arts/television/07conan.html?ref=arts I think it's all sold out and golly do I wish I could go. If you are, you are so lucky. If you are and have an extra ticket and no other friends, I would love to pretend to be your friend for the night.
Anyway, all this reminded me of a doodle I did back when the airwaves and internets were brewing with the late night turmoil. I wanted my own Conan desktop, so I drew that up and put together his quotes. The first part comes from his farewell on the Tonight Show and the second part is from his wonderful letter to the people of the world.


Conan remains funny and classy, and I lot of people thinking they have to sacrifice the latter for the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment